Tuesday 7 January 2014

Water, Water Everywhere

Today -- for the first time -- I "portaged" my bike around a flooded portion of road.


That soggy muddy grassy strip is what I walked on. In road cycling shoes. With hunky big Speedplay pedals. Carrying my bike. (Thankfully, it's quite light.)


This was not easy. I have poor balance and prisms in my spectacle lenses, which can result in distorted perception. But the sense of achievement afterwards... WOOHOO!

Other items of note included:

I finally got a chance to stop and have a look at the portrait bench along the Upper Lea Valley Way --



The Upper River Lea has completely burst its banks --




There's yet another tree down on the north end of the Upper Lea Valley Way (NCN6) --


Which Adam came along and cleared after work --


With the friendly assistance of a passing cyclist... who had a mahoosive machete!!


I do love the English countryside, even in the winter. Cycling through it is the best way to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This